DAVID GARRISON, a friend of long standing, notes that some of the reports coming into the International Mission Board were so phenomenal, that they were thought to need documentation.
“IMB missionary in China Dr. Ying Kai’s field report was the biggest the IMB had ever seen, so they sent an assessment team who found that Ying was even UNDERreporting by 40%. By the end of the decade, the IMB confirmed 1.7 million baptisms and more than 150,000 new church starts through this T4T ministry!”
Dr. Garrison served throughout the world with IMB for nearly 40 years, and his heart and activity for world missions continues, which shall be expressed in the next posting with him. So, he brings a wealth of documented inspirations and encouragement to the content of this time of radio … which you can listen to … right now.
Dr. Garrison is now the Executive Director of Global Gates. (www.GlobalGates.info)
- He includes a focus on Chinese-American missionaries Ying and Grace Kai, who reported such remarkable missionary results, coming from “Training for Trainers” (t4tglobal.com). The website describes the movement:
“It is a process of Discipleship, Evangelism, Group/Church Formation, and Leadership Development that was developed by Southern Baptist missionaries Ying & Grace Kai during their time in China. The results of implementing this process led to phenomenal growth of new disciples and church plants throughout the entire region and has sparked Church Planting Movements world-wide.”
”Ying and Grace Kai’s new book, “Training for Trainers: The Movement That Changed The World“ tells the story behind the world’s fastest growing Church Planting Movement and how it can happen in your community!”
“Then Jesus came to them and said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.’”
– MATTHEW 28:18-20
“From his study of the Great Commission he (Ying Kai) realized that Jesus had already given the strategy to produce the multiplication of disciples. Six words stood out in the Great Commission that produced the strategy:”
- “’Go, not come:’ The Great Commission says we are to go, not invite people to come to us. We must go to where the lost are, and train the new believers to also go to the lost, into factories, homes, shops and neighborhoods.
- “’Everyone, not some:’ We must make disciples of all, not just a few. We typically choose whom we want to share the gospel with, trying to pre-judge who might accept it. But God said for everyone to share with everyone. We cannot predict who will believe and whom God will use to birth a movement.
- “’Make disciples, not church members:’ We must not satisfy ourselves with making converts and church members. Jesus commanded much more. He wants true disciples. And what do true disciples do? They obey Jesus’ command to witness to others and train these new believers to do the same. So every disciple must be a disciple-maker (trainer).
- “’Baptize them,’ as Ying thought on this, he realized that baptism is like a person’s testimony, so he determined to train everyone to be able to share their faith story in 2 minutes or less.
- “’Teach them:’ when a disciple leads someone to Christ, they are to teach the new disciple what they have learned—not bring them back to a pastor or some other Bible teacher. Every disciple must be able to teach a new disciple.
- “’To obey:’ Ying determined that a major shift must be made from ‘knowledge-based’ discipleship to ‘obedience-based’ discipleship. It is not enough to know God’s word, but to obey it. The ‘three-third’ process is a key part of teaching this shift to obedience. Jesus promised that if we would do this, He would be with us always!”
We talk about Dr. Garrison’s book, A Wind in the House of Islam, providing more spiritually “staggering” stories and documented accounts of the massive number of Islamic people coming to saving faith in Jesus Christ.
A great resource, www.churchplantingmovements.com. For documentation of results and for ordering helpful books and materials.
To hear … “MARK LEVESQUE (”LE VEC’”) OF WWW.FORHISGLORYMIN.ORG OVERSEES THE TRAINING OF THOUSANDS OF JESUS-FOLLOWERS IN AFRICA. TEACHES THEM HOW TO ‘PASS IT ON!’” … click on … Mark Levesque (”Le vec’”) of www.forhisglorymin.org oversees the training of thousands of Jesus-followers in Africa. Teaches them how to “pass it on!” – Harold Hendrick; and …
A recording from several years ago: To hear … “DR DAVID GARRISON: ‘..WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GREATEST TURNING OF MUSLIMS TO CHRIST IN HISTORY’” … click on … Dr David Garrison: “..we are in the middle of the greatest turning of Muslims to Christ in history” – Harold Hendrick.