The Commentary is available right now for anytime listening.
Noting Some key aspects …
- On the floor of the United States Senate, Senator Hawley called attention to the suspicions of millions that there was much questionable activity regarding the recent 2020 Presidential election.
- The Senator expressed his concerns in the manner prescribed by the United States Constitution.
- The Post-Dispatch editorial board, in emphatic, repeated, and ongoing denial of any suspicious voting activity, attacked Sen. Hawley without mercy, though he was reflecting the concerns of millions with great documentation for his concerns.
- Surely the Post-Dispatch had access to all the factors causing these suspicions …
- -the hundreds of affidavits of citizens in the voting areas reporting suspicious activity,
- -the video of the overnight vote counters in Georgia without the required observers , pulling containers of “ballots” from under tables, and counting them.
- -voting areas wherein the constitutionally required counters were “kicked out” into the hallway with materials covering the windows of the voting area so that they could not even see in … on and on.
- Yet the Post-Dispatch “stonewalled it,” constantly insisting that there were no grounds for concerns regarding irregularities and fraud in the voting.
- The PD announcing that everything was “OK” is not nearly enough.
- And because the PD made little or no effort to investigate these many aspects of election suspicions, Senator Hawley felt he was called upon to reveal and make public these allegations.
- Again, these irrational rants of the PD against Senator Hawley, to a considerable degree, were created by the hate of the PD editorial board against President Trump and their passion to see Joe Biden win the election. (That is NOT neutral or unbiased reporting!!)
- So, had the PD done its job of investigating these suspicions, and objectively reported their results to their readers, Senator Hawley might not have needed to exercise his constitutional right and challenge in the US Senate. And the Post-Dispatch may have been less motivated to throw its tirade against him.
- This whole scenario makes it increasingly difficult to trust the editorial board of the St. Louis Post Dispatch. They reveal a pattern of anonymously attacking those who legitimately disagree with them and then use what is left of their power in trying to ruin them, in this case, Senator Hawley.
- They, like the rest of us, will one day stand before God and give an account. “For we must all stand before the judgement seat of Christ …” (II Corinthians 5:10) and “It is appointed for men once to die, and after this, the judgement…” (Hebrews 9:27)
- Again, if these suspicions were dispelled in a thorough investigation, it might have reduced or conceivably eliminated the questions regarding Joe Biden and the presidential election having fraudulent aspects.
- One of many irresponsible insults rendered by the PD during this time in mid-January 2021, against Senator Hawley, they ran a headline about him: “PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE” as if he were a criminal. Cruel and horrific!!
- While the PD editorial board was attacking him and accusing him relentlessly, portraying him as a “villain,” they “hid” behind a cover of remaining anonymous. Publishing his picture 30 or 40 times as a “bad guy,” virtually as a “wanted” criminal, they, his accusers, hid and did not publish their own pictures in their newspaper, reminding us somewhat as in a “hit and run.”
- Because of these attacks, including the Post-Dispatch, a major publisher then gave in to the pressure and refused to publish his book: THE TYRANNY OF BIG TECH, exposing Big Tech’s censorship dangers to America. Evidently, the Post-Dispatch board feels they know what is best for all of us, they use their power to censure and take away the First Amendment rights by silencing the voices of those holding differing opinions, including traditional values with whom Big Tech disagree. “Big Tech” owes the Post-Dispatch a big “Thank You.”
- But, thankfully, the Post-Dispatch and Big Tech did not prevail in its efforts at censorship, and another company is now going to publish Senator Hawley’s book!
MORE LATER …
Verses from the Bible, the Word of God are in bold below, are referenced in this radio “Encounter Commentary” available for listening right now.
“Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight.” (Isaiah 5:20, 21)
“The word of the LORD came to me [Jeremiah], saying, ‘Before I formed YOU in the womb I knew YOU, before YOU were born I set YOU apart; I appointed YOU as a prophet to the nations.’” [“In his mother’s womb, before Jeremiah had begun to be formed, five times in the verse God referred to him with the personal pronoun of personhood, “YOU!” As he continued to develop in his mother’s womb, he was still referred to as YOU!] (Jeremiah 1:4,5)
“Alas, Sovereign LORD,” [Jeremiah] said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.” But the LORD said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD. Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, ‘I have put my words in your mouth.’” (Jeremiah 1:6 – 9)
“They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD.” (Jeremiah 1:19)
(JOHN THE BAPTIST, a human cousin of Jesus, was assigned by God to earlier baptize Jesus. John confronted a powerful political leader, King Herod, and “called him out,” challenging him for his immorality in taking the King’s brother’s wife, Herodias, as his own. It was to cost John his life. But Jesus, the Son of God said this about him before John’s death: … “Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist… !” affirming John’s lifestyle as a true, God-called prophet. (Matthew 11:11)
“Now Herod had arrested John [the Baptist] and bound him and put him in prison because of Herodias, his brother Philip’s wife, for John had been saying to him: “It is not lawful for you to have her.” (Matthew 14: 3)
“Herod wanted to kill John, but he was afraid of the people, because they considered John a prophet.”
“On Herod’s birthday the daughter of Herodias danced for the guests and pleased Herod so much that he promised with an oath to give her whatever she asked. Prompted by her mother, she said, ‘Give me here on a platter the head of John the Baptist.’ The king was distressed, but because of his oaths and his dinner guests, he ordered that her request be granted and had John beheaded in the prison. His head was brought in on a platter and given to the girl, who carried it to her mother.” (Matthew 14: 8 – 11)
“ … find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. For It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret.” (Ephesians 5:10 – 12)
“For we must all stand before the judgment seat of Christ …” (II Corinthians 5:10)
“Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment …” (Hebrews 9:27)
“And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son, Jesus Christ. Whoever has the Son Jesus has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life.” (I John 5:11,12)
The scriptures below were read to me the evening I repented and received Jesus Christ by faith into my life … in the winter of 1950-1951, 70 years ago! You or anyone can do the same!
“But as many as received [Jesus], to them God gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His Name, who were born – not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man — but of God.” (John 1:12, 13)
“… and him that comes to Me [Jesus], I will in no wise cast out.” (John 6:37)
Other important promises …
“… Whoever will call on the Name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:13)
“[God] made [Jesus] Who know no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him in Him.” (II Corinthians 5:21)
Think of it: in receiving Jesus, the son of God, by faith, (1) all of our sins are forgiven because of Jesus’ death in our behalf on the cross (Romans 5:8) … and (2) all His righteousness goes on us!
You are thus ready to meet God … and to be accepted into Heaven by the living God!!!
I briefly tell the story on radio (which can be heard right now) of my experience of receiving Christ by faith and show photographs of the location on the mezzanine floor of the King Edwards Hotel in Jackson, Mississippi. To hear and see … “FROM THE ARCHIVES: DRAWN TO FAITH IN JESUS BROUGHT ME JOY, FORGIVENESS, PURPOSE, INNER-PEACE, ABUNDANT ETERNAL LIFE” … click on … FROM THE ARCHIVES: Drawn to faith in Jesus brought me joy, forgiveness, purpose, inner-peace, abundant & eternal life – Harold Hendrick