Lynne Jackson – great-great granddaughter of Dred and Harriet Scott tells of an amazing situation of which I personally had never heard before!
The descendants of famous slave owners and slaves come together at the Dred Scott Reconciliation Conference in St. Louis, Mo! (December 3, 2016)
It is an amazing experience of desiring to address the sins of America’s past.
Among them visiting this Saturday reconciliation event are the descendants of …
· Peter Blow, owners of Dred and Harriet Scott;
· Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederacy during America’s Civil War;
· Thomas Jefferson, third President of the United States;
· Dred and Harriet Scott, slaves whose legal case was a significant factor in bringing an end of slavery in the United States;
· Roger Taney of the United States Supreme Court who officially read the Court’s decision regarding Dred Scott.
All you need to know of the Reconciliation Conference – and how to register for it — can be found at www.thedredscottfoundation.org.
The Dred Scott Foundation – established to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Supreme Court’s Decision – is celebrating its 10th anniversary. Lynne Jackson is founder and president of the foundation.
While some will read this after this particular Conference, much can still be learned by visiting the Dred Scott website and listening to several anytime radio conversations with Lynne Jackson at www.haroldhendrick.com.
To hear … “Dred Scott descendant Lynne Jackson invitation to Awards Dinner; Dick Bott receives Freedom Award” … click on … https://haroldhendrick.com/content/view/709/5/ (Other links to some of her interviews within this interview)