This is brief update of recent conversations with Josh Hawley, offering himself for statewide public service in Missouri. Listen to him share his story:
Regular listeners know the story:
· Began life in the historic town of Lexington, Mo – where a Civil War cannonball is still in the County Courthouse wall;
· High school in Kansas City;
· Undergraduate education in Stanford University in California;
· Completed Yale Law School … doing very well!
· “Clerked” … working for United States Supreme Court Justice John Roberts;
· Met his wife, also working as a “clerk” in the US Supreme Court, married her and a father to two little boys;
· Both have been teaching in the University of Missouri School of Law;
· On the Beckett Religious Liberty legal team that won the case in the United States Supreme Court that won the case in behalf of Hobby Lobby right to not be forced to pay for abortions. This is the first and only victory over “Obamacare” in the U S Supreme Court.
· Now Josh Hawley is making himself available to serve as Attorney General of Missouri.
· Possessing a “track record,” educational disciplines, warm oratory, skilled communications, a world view and a lifestyle that ranks “sky high” in expectations of continued integrity.
· Two years ago I urged Josh to offer himself in public service, since I saw him as a refreshing statesman and politician, able to win public confidence and contribute to the reassurance of new hope for the United States of America.
· In conclusion, I urge my fellow citizens to favorably consider Attorney Josh Hawley, realizing that opportunities to place into public office someone like Josh Hawley “do not come along every day.” This is a “Golden Opportunity” to improve the public image and provide a genuine boost in “upping the quality” of elected officials.
Spoken and written … “from my heart!” HHH