With the world’s news spotlight sometimes on him, some points of interest from Ferguson Mayor James Knowles. Such as…
· He and his mother serving on “winter patrol” with the ministry of the New Life Evangelistic Center in St. Louis, finding homeless people on the outside in bitter cold nights to offer them shelter;
· His Cooperating and supporting Ferguson ministries such as Adopt-a-block;
· Working with Ferguson Police Department Chaplain Pastor Jose Aguayo, coordinator of Adopt-A-Block;
· Partnering with Ferguson and wider areas of members of the clergy in their ministry to Ferguson during and beyond the 2014 crisis;
· Working with and supported by a predominately African-American group of clergy members who had gathered to pray and support him and Ferguson before a major press conference – “laying hands” on him as they prayed … he told them: “the last time you did this, my wife got pregnant!” After he and his wife had wanted children for a good while … without success … he was thankful for now being the father of a young baby;
· Working with the new Ferguson Police Chief and City Manager, both of whom are African-American;
· Reported to me off air that at the Ferguson time of crisis in 2014, contacted NFL Hall-of-Famer Aeneas Williams, now a Ferguson area pastor, for prayer and discussions.
· As a native of Ferguson … receiving a Ferguson Mayor’s salary of $300 a month … $10 a day…. “serving” as Mayor.