Ginger Whitacre would rather be right with God … and do the right thing … than be rich.
And she proved it.
Now hear Ginger Whitacre …in her own words.
Mark Whitacre’s salary and benefits from giant food company Archer Midland Daniels was $3,000,000 a year … for several years. But guilt was a big factor in Mark sharing with wife, Ginger, that he had become a part of a world-wide illegal price fixing scheme.
Her response: “Either you tell the FBI … or I will!”
Mark Whitacre’s website (www.markwhitacre.com) tells much of the story.
· Confession to the FBI
· The FBI placing a “wire” on him to get evidence on the crime
· Mark was sentenced to prison
· Concluding he was ruined, that Ginger would leave him and could never get another job, he twice attempted suicide
· Instead, during his eight years in three prisons, Ginger and the children moved to be near him.
· A CBMC member read of Mark’s plight, a Chief Financial Officer, visited him, led him to saving faith in Jesus, and discipled him through “Operation Timothy”
· Now Mark tells his story of the power of the Gospel to save and change lives … before about 90 groups each year
· Ginger was able to come with him in the occasion that triggered this time of radio … before the Ministry to Men Annual Breakfast in St. Charles, Mo, on the west edge of the Greater St. Louis area.
Mark freely shares the prayer of repentance and commitment to Jesus:
I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness.
I believe that you sent Jesus, who died on the cross and rose from the dead, to
pay the penalty for my sins.
I now invite Jesus Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Savior.
I ask You to forgive me for my sins, and I receive Your gift of eternal life.
It is in Jesus’ name that I accept this gift.