About 50-year friend Jim Morrison of Weatherford, Oklahoma …
· Met Jim about the same time and in the same town I met my wife in Weatherford, OK — on old Highway 66 in Western Oklahoma;
· A career humble servant of Jesus, mostly done through Student Ministry in Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford;
· Nearly 100 of those students went into fulltime ministry after leaving Weatherford;
· Brought Christian Radio into Weatherford by arranging a satellite relay dish on a local tower, thus providing local ongoing quality programming through the American Family Radio Network (led by Don and Tim Wildmon out of Tupelo, Mississippi);
· In “retirement,” he maintains an ongoing jail ministry to minister to men and women with little or no hope who are confined in the area county jail. Typically the inmates will not have bail money to be released while waiting…sometimes months…for trial.
· Jim and I agreed that we “married well” to fine young Oklahoma ladies … he to Mary … and I to Joan … who continue to bless us through the years. (Jim remembers when I came to minister in Weatherford, just having graduated from Oklahoma Baptist University, wherein I met Joan, still in high school at the time.)
Enjoy Jim Morrison … in his own words…