Mike Baese (“bay’ see”) is the Area Director of the St. Louis CBMC (“Connecting Businessmen to Christ”). Here he joins many others in inviting everyone to the important 41st annual St. Louis Prayer Breakfast CBMC. This one occurs April 11, 2018, with former “mobster,” MIKE FRANZESE as speaker. Especially for those who might not attend church, CBMC has a great “track record” in providing spiritually impacting events for even non-church attenders.
Mike succeeds former STL Area Director Stan Bower who has taken the CBMC message and discipleship pattern to Dallas, Texas.
The Breakfast is certainly one of those events.
(If you miss this one, watch for the one next year!)
From www.cbmcstl.com: About the former mobster/speaker at the Breakfast: “Michael Franzese grew up as the son of a notorious Underboss of New York’s violent and feared Colombo crime family. At the age of 35, Fortune Magazine listed Michael among the “Fifty Most Wealthy and Powerful Mafia Bosses” and one of the biggest mob money-earners since Al Capone. His legal and illegal business activities included auto dealerships, union kickbacks, financial services, sports, entertainment and a multi-billion-dollar gasoline tax scheme, which generated an estimated $5 to $8 million per week in revenue. In 1985, Michael was indicted on 14 counts of racketeering, counterfeiting and extortion. In 1986, he pleaded guilty to two counts, was sentenced to ten years in federal prison, and vowed to do the unthinkable – walk away from the mob.
“While in prison, he became a Christian and now spends his life sharing Christ’s redemptive story with corporate executives, professional and student athletes, at-risk youth, prisoners and anyone seeking the inspiration to beat the odds and make positive changes in their life.”
Ticket information is available at http://stlouis.cbmc.com/events/2018-prayer-breakfast-greater-st-louis.
CBMC would increase their financial base so that more staff can be employed to do the kind of II Timothy 2:2 discipling that Mike Baese is doing so effectively.
In the process of this second time of radio with Mike Baese, something else emerged that took be by surprise, some realities I never remember encountering in more than a half-century in which I have been a Jesus follower. It is a focus on discipleship taken about as seriously as I have ever become aware in all my tender years.
- Mike Baese meets – one by one – with 11 St. Louis-area men each week.
- He uses “Operation Timothy” materials as guidelines (experienced by United States Vice-President Mike Pence when he was Governor of Indiana).
- Mike requires a commitment from each man of 75 to 90 minutes each week … for three to five years!
- And he requires a commitment from each man discipled that … upon his time with Mike and “Operation Timothy” is completed, the man discipled will repeat the process with others!
- The whole concept is based upon the directive found in the New Testament in II Timothy 2:2 wherein Paul said to Timothy, the man he was discipling: “And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses, the same commit to faithful men who shall be able to teach others also.” (So the New Testament process was (1) Paul, (2) Timothy, (3) Faithful men, and (4) others also! Four spiritual generations are set forth.
So … we are all invited to this great Breakfast … in 2018 … or annually in the years beyond … if Jesus Christ has not returned by then!
(Among many Bible promises regarding the second coming of Jesus are John 14:3 and I Thessalonians 4:16-18.)
To see and hear … “CBMC’s Mike Baese, Tony Kalinowski re our invitation to Prayer Breakfast of St Louis,” 4/11/18 with former mobster!” … click on … http://haroldhendrick.com/2018/03/09/cbmcs-mike-baese-tony-kalinowski-re-prayer-bfast-st-louis-41118-former-mobster/.